SACS requires that institutions establish a Leadership Team to oversee the entire institutional review, including the production of the Compliance Certification and the Quality Enhancement Plan.
According the Handbook for Reaffirmation of Accreditation, the responsibilities of this team include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating and managing the internal review process, including developing the structure and timelines for ensuring the timely completion of all tasks and attending the orientation session conducted by the Commission on Colleges.
- Overseeing the institutional review of the extent of compliance with the Principles of Accreditation and the documentation of evidence supporting the extent of compliance.
- Developing the Focused Report, if the institution so chooses.
- Overseeing the development of the QEP.
- Ensuring that the institutional community is engaged in the review process and is informed of the progress of the review.
- Overseeing arrangements for the on-site visit.
- Ensuring that the appropriate follow-up activities are in place to address compliance issues and to monitor the progress of the QEP.
|Co-Chairs:||Byron Bond, SACS Leadership Team Co-Chair|
|Jaleh Rezaie, SACS Leadership Team Co-Chair|
|Members:||Joanne Glasser, President|
|Keith Johnson, Faculty Representative|
|EJ Keeley, Associate Vice President, Institutional Research and Effectiveness|
|Rodney Piercey, Provost and SACS Liaison|
|Sherry Robinson, Document Coordinator|
|Aaron Thompson, Academic Affairs Representative|
|Virginia Underwood, Chief of Staff|